DeerLab automatically adds the following weather data to each trail camera photo you upload, even if your trail camera does not intially capture this information:
- Date and Time
- Weather conditions at time of photo
- Wind directions and wind speed
- Sunrise and Sunset time
- Moon Phase
To capture the appropriate weather data DeerLab has to have an accurate time stamp within the Exif metadata tags (Exchangeable image file format). All modern trail cameras include time stamp information. If the time stamp is not included you will have the option to select the date and time so that weather information can be added to the photo.
Reasons Why Exif Data is Not Available
- If weather data is not automatically added to your trail camera photos it usually means that the image was edited in software. While some editing programs retain the Exif data, many strip the data when resaved.
- Currently photos from an iPad will not transfer Exif data when uploaded. This is a known issue with Apple's uploading process. To get around this we recommend uploading photos from your SD card.
- Sometimes when a SD card from your trail camera is placed in another camera (say to view the photos) the time stamp can be removed.